MoviPrep Same Day
Colonoscopy Prep with Same Day MoviPrep
5 Days Prior to the Procedure
Stop taking fish oil supplements.
4 Days Prior to the procedure
Make sure that your prescription for the bowel prep has been filled.
Be sure to let your provider know if you are on a blood thinner such as Coumadin or Plavix. If on a blood thinner_______________________________________________.
Begin the low fiber diet below.
Low Fiber Diet
• White bread, melba toast, waffles, french toast, pancakes, saltines, plain cakes, cookies
• White rice, pasta, peeled cooked potatoes
• Cereals: farina, cream of rice, puffed rice, rice krispies, corn flakes, special K
• Tender cooked or canned vegetables (without seeds), carrots, asparagus tips, green or wax beans, pumpkin, spinach, lima beans
• Strained fruit juice, canned fruit (except pineapple), ripe bananas, melons
• Milk, plain or flavored yogurt, custard, ice cream, cheese, cottage cheese
• Well-cooked tender beef, lamb, ham, veal, pork, fish, poultry, ground meats, organ meats, eggs, creamy peanut butter
• Margarine, butter, oils, mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressings, sugar, clear jelly, honey, syrups
• Plain gravies, spices, cooked herbs, bouillon/broth, soups made with allowed vegetables
• Coffee, tea, carbonated drinks
Hard candy, pretzels, plain snack crackers, gelatin, plain puddings, custard, ice cream, sherbet, popsicles, chocolate
1 Day Prior to the Procedure
Upon waking, start clear liquid diet below. This means no solid food the day before the procedure. Stay well hydrated by drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of clear liquids. If you do not adhere to the clear liquid diet your procedure may be cancelled. If diabetic:_____________________________________________.
Begin your first dosing regimen at 6 PM. Mix powder pouches with lukewarm water as directed. Drink 8 oz of solution every 15 minutes until the first liter is finished. Drink an additional 16 oz of clear liquids after finishing the solution. Diarrhea should start within one hour of first dose.
Begin the second dosing regimen at 9 PM. Mix powder pouches with lukewarm water as directed. Drink 8 oz of solution every 15 minutes until the second liter is finished. Drink an additional 16 oz of clear liquids after finishing the solution.
If you experience anal discomfort, you may use pre-moistened towelettes, Vaseline or Desitin to the peri-anal area after each bowel movement to minimize irritation. If you have any problems with your preparation, please contact our office at 425-454-4768.
Clear Liquid Diet
• Clear chicken, beef or vegetable broth
• Apple, cranberry or grape juice, flavored bottled waters, gatorade, crystal lite, pedialyte, sprite, 7-UP
• Water, coffee, tea (Do NOT add milk, cream, or non-dairy creamer; you may add sugar or other sweeteners if desired)
• Popsicles, Jell-O, orange, lime, lemon okay (No red Jell-O)
• Hard candy such as lifesavers, suckers, gummy bears
Day of Procedure
You may continue with the clear liquid diet and take any necessary medications as long as it is 2 hours before checking in for your procedure. Within 2 hours of checking in for your procedure, do not put ANYTHING in your mouth. This includes water, gum, mints and lozenges.
If you use a CPAP at night for sleep apnea, please bring it with you to your procedure.
If you use an inhaler for pulmonary disease, please bring it with you to your procedure.
After the Procedure
Please arrange transportation with an escort that you trust to receive your discharge instructions. All patients will be required to have an escort – YOU CANNOT DRIVE (or take a taxi without an escort). You must plan to refrain from driving or operating heavy machinery for at least 12 hours after your examination. Alcohol and sedatives should be avoided for 24 hours after the procedure. If you have biopsies or a polyp removed, you will need to avoid aspirin, aspirin-related products, and blood thinners for 24 hours.